Re: Heads up, I'm adding IR stuff to cx23885 and cx25840

Andy Walls wrote:
> Mauro,
>
> I noticed you've added some changes to th v4l-dvb tree for IR.
>
> Just to let you know, I've added an NEC protocol implementation to
> cx23885-input.c.   The two relevant changes are here:
>
> 	cx23885: Convert from struct card_ir to struct cx23885_ir_input for IR Rx
> 	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23885-ir/rev/c51daeba32cb
>
> 	cx23885: Add NEC protocol decoding for IR Rx
> 	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~awalls/cx23885-ir/rev/6cba2fc1ea99
>
> I haven't kept track with all your changes so far, but just wanted to
> let you know these would be ready sometime before Christmas for
> hopefully the HVR-1800 and TeVii S470.  Hopefully, the changes will also
> be brought up to date with your changes by then too.

By looking on your code, as you're calling:
	ir_input_init(input_dev, &ir->ir, ir_type, ir_codes);

You'll already be using my new code. However, you'll need to add a call to ir_input_free(input_dev),
at the IR unregistering code, and on an error condition.

You should notice that you're not limited to use only 128 scancodes from 0 to 127, as the
previous versions of the ir-common allowed. The new version supports 32 bits for scancodes,
and use dynamic allocation to allow adding/removing codes from the table.

Cheers,
Mauro.