Re: atomisp: drop from staging ?

Hi Alan,

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 01:18:37AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> I think this is going to be the best option. When I started cleaning up
> the atomisp code I had time to work on it. Then spectre/meltdown
> happened (which btw is why the updating suddenly and mysteriously stopped
> last summer).
>
> I no longer have time to work on it and it's becoming evident that the
> world of speculative side channel is going to be mean that I am
> not going to get time in the forseeable future despite me trying to find
> space to get back into atomisp cleaning up. It sucks because we made some
> good initial progress but shit happens.
>
> There are at this point (unsurprisngly ;)) no other volunteers I can
> find crazy enough to take this on.

The driver has been in the staging tree for quite some time now and is a
regular target of cleanup patches but little has been done to address the
growing list of entries in the associated TODO file to get it out of
staging. Beyond this, I don't have the hardware but as far as I understand,
the driver is not functional in its current state.

I agree with removing the driver. It can always be brought back if someone
wishes to continue working it.

I can send patches to remove it.

--
Regards,