Re: DVB-T2 support for TVR801 USB stick (Astrometa DVB-T2)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, TPClmml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Could anyone clarify what is supported on this stick for me? According to https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Astrometa_DVB-T2 DVB-T2 has been supported since kernel 4.6. I tried using a 4.9.9 kernel about a year ago and again today using 4.14.30, in both cases with the development tree code from git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git.

[details cut]

I have had no responses to my request above for information about support for this DVB-T2 USB stick, posted a fortnight ago. I know the developers are busy people but I really would appreciate some feedback here! I am very willing to help the developers with testing etc. or even try editing the driver code again myself but I really can't know where to start without knowing what the drivers are supposed to support/not support on this device.

CCing Antti Palosaari <crope@xxxxxx>, who developed the driver for the MN88473 demodulator.

Many thanks
Tom Crane

--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.