Re: DIY Satellite Web Radio

Mauro Carvalho Chehab ha scritto:
> Receiving sat signals without dishes? From some trials we had on a telco
> I used to work, You would need to use a network of low-orbit satellites,
> carefully choosing the better frequencies and it will provide you
> low bandwidth.
I also believed this, but their use geostationary orbit [1] and
terrestrial devices handly and without dishes [2] [3].
I belive they should rely on some very robust modulation e channel
coding, but unfortunately I didn't find any specification.

Lorenzo

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM_Satellite_Radio
[2]http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49770/si4025808/cl1/xmp3_portable_radio_with_home_kit
[3]http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/cp56879/si4343009/cl1/xm_direct_2