Bug: Two device nodes created in /dev for a single UVC webcam

Hi,

I'm running Linux 4.9.0-5-amd64 on Debian. I built the drivers from
the latest git and installed the modules. Now, two device nodes are
created for my webcam. This is not normal as it has never happened to
me before. If I connect another webcam to my laptop, two more device
nodes will be created for this webcam. So two new device nodes are
created for a single webcam.

The name of my webcam appears twice in the device comobox in Guvcview
because of this. One of them will not work if I select it. My webcam
has completely stopped working with Cheese and VLC.

> v4l2-ctl --list-devices
Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_E4HD:  (usb-0000:00:1a.0-1.5):
    /dev/video0
    /dev/video1

> ls /dev/video*
/dev/video0  /dev/video1