Re: [BUG] atomisp_ov2680 not initializing correctly

On Sat, 2017-12-30 at 21:10 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > AFAIR Alan has CHT hardware he is developing / testing on.
>
> I have a loaned board from the company Vincent (who did the intial
> patches) works for. At the moment it's loading firmware, finding
> cameras
> doing power management but not transferring images.
>
> Unfortunately because of the design of the driver and firmware at the
> moment we are reduced to analyzing all the structs by hand between
> multiple different driver releases, and playing games to try and find
> out
> why various things are not matching up (assuming the firmware we have
> will actually work with the Windows tablet in question in the first
> place).

Maybe we need start over, i.e. find a (presumable old) kernel with
driver _and_ corresponding firmware _and_ hardware it supports to start
with...

> It's nasty because there are complex structs shared between the
> firmware
> and the OS, and in at least one spot the supposedly 'pristine' CHT
> driver
> that was used for the merge we now know could never have worked
> because
> it mismatched its own firmware !

Argh!

> On BYT I can't currently do much as my latest Intel Android tablet has
> died and it's getting hard to find more because I guess the rest of
> those
> made have also died.

I have MRD7 with some BIOS on it I even don't know if there is any newer
still available inside.

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy