Re: Camera sensor

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Ryan Raasch wrote:

Hello,

I have implemented a driver for the LZ0P374 Sharp CCD camera sensor. I have
been using an old kernel, and now i am updating to the new soc_camera
framework. My question is, is there anyone using this sensor? We bought the
sensor with absolutely no documents, support to be found (lucky to get driver
running).

I've recently implemented a driver for a rj54n1cb0c camera, and I've seen it being referred to as lz0p398m... A simplified version of it is currently in the linux-next tree, and a more complete version has been submitted for review to the list. Would be interesting if you could dig out that driver from the mailing list archives and see how similar it is to your camera.

You can also see the patch-stack here

http://download.open-technology.de/soc-camera/20091105/

apply it to linux 2.6.32-rc5 and look at the resulting drivers/media/video/rj54n1cb0c.c file.

Thanks. I am looking at the code now. I have found the CMOS sensors are a little less confusing b/c of all the driving and clocking signals in the CCD chip. I will have a look at the code.

Thanks again for your input.

Ryan
It was found on the Sandgate 2P Sophia Systems development kit. The sensor is
mainly (only) sold in Asia. But at the time of our product release (~2006),
this was the only CCD camera sensor to be found in quantities less than
millions.

Thanks
Guennadi
---