Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-timings

Karicheri, Muralidharan wrote:
> Mauro,
>
>> So, I'm basically trusting that one of you will do the sub-maintainers job
>> of
>> adding the patches on a tree and asking me to pull. Currently, Sakari and
>> Hans have accounts at linuxtv that can be used for that purpose. You may
>> also host your -hg trees on any other place and ask me to pull from it.
>>

> Currently all the patches go through Hans.
>
>> If you (TI) think that you need another -hg account, feel free to send me a
>> private email for me to create it, but please don't ask me to dig into
>> individual patches, since it won't scale.
>
> I think we will have to do it eventually. We will work on this and let you
> know once we have this ready. Even in that case, H

Ok. it is up to you to decide the better way for sending me the pull requests.

For the next year, I'm really considering to accept patches directly to my
-git tree, but some things needs to be solved before that. For example, git
requires more disk space, and I'm not sure if linuxtv.org have enough disks
for it.

>> In the specific case of the V4L/DVB timings API, if you think that the
>> current
>> doc proposal is OK, please merge it with the patches into some -hg tree
>> and ask me to pull from it.
> See email from Hans. Once he gives me his comments, I will work on it and
> provide an updated patch. But IMO you should go ahead and merge the video
> timing API patch for which Hans had sent you a pull request (since we have the documentation part being reviewed in the list). We are waiting
> for this to be merged to send additional patches that depends on it. So
> this is a high priority patch for 2.6.33.

I've done already the pull requests for today. I'm currently working on
preparing the last 2.6.32 patches for upstream, so you'll have some time
to finish it. If you have patches that depend on the timings API, it would
be good to add there, together with the API changes, since it helps to
analyze the API when some code is actually using it.