Re: Video extractor?

2009. 11. 23, hétfő keltezéssel 20.41-kor Wellington Terumi Uemura ezt
írta:

> Since I got to know Linux OS (your linux OS brand here) back in 1996
> not much was made so you can switch 100% from windows to linux. Yes,
> today linux is much more easy to handle for a normal user, back in the
> days we had to compile the kernel at the installation process, compile
> your drivers and so on, but even today if you need some specific tools
> in Linux that is trivial in Windows like virtualdub, avisynth (others)
> you don't have it.

There are plenty of good video tools under Linux.

> Make a dual boot installation to use windows based tools to do your basic work.
>
> 2009/11/23 Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > Is there a video editor which can be used to extract pieces
> > of video to file? Two of the editors in Ubuntu failed to load
> > the DVB TS streamfile, Kino converted it to DV format, and slowly.
> > That is bad. And I don't know what DV format is, and how to convert
> > it losslessly back to DVB TS format.

You are using the wrong tool. Kino is for DV (Sony miniDV camcorder
format) only.

> > In any case, I got feeling basic tools are still missing from
> > Linux media software catalogue. I need the tool in my projects.

Have you tried kdenlive, cinelerra, avidemux, gopchop, or dvbcut? (These
latter two are made exactly for cutting out from MPEG-PS or MPEG-TS
streams while maintaining the audio/video sync.) I recommend dvbcut, it
works well for me.

Levente