image capture with ov9655 camera and intel pxa270C5C520

Hello,

my name is Kai Tiwisina and i'm a student in germany and i'm trying to
communicate with a Omnivision ov9655 camera which is atteched with my
embedded linux system via the v4l commands.

I've written a small testprogram which should grow step by step while i'm
trying one ioctl after another.
Everything worked fine until i tried to use the VIDIOC_S_FMT ioctl. It's
always giving me an "invalid argument" failure and i don't know why.

Perhaps someone of you is able to help me with this ioctl and give an
advice for a simple flow chart for a single frame image capture. Which
ioctl steps are neccessary and where do i need loops and for what, because
the capture-example.c from bytesex.org is way too general for my purpose.

Thanks in advance

Kai Tiwisina