Re: dvbv5-scan: Missing NID, TID, and RID in VDR channel output

Hello Mauro,

On 11/25/17 12:54 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Sat, 25 Nov 2017 09:08:19 -0200
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>> Em Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:50:56 +0100
>> Gregor Jasny <gjasny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>>>
>>> Mauro, do you think it would be possible to parse / output NID, TID, and
>>> RID from dvbv5_scan? It would greatly improve usability.
>>
>> It is possible. Not sure how much efforts it would take. Could you please
>> send me, in priv, a capture of ~30-60 seconds of a recent DVB-T2 channel
>> in Germany with those fields, and the corresponding output from w_scan,
>> for all channels at the same frequency?
>>
>> I'll use it to test it with my RF generator here, and see if I can tweak
>> dvbv5-scan to produce the same output.
>>
>> The syntax to capture the full MPEG-TS is:
>>
>> 	$ dvbv5-zap -P -o channel.ts -t 60 scan_file.conf

I captured all DVB-T2 frequencies I observed so far:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1As5Ek0iN0n9FgH7xU-HsrFIRBE0hGOWQ
(that is in Germany / Saxony / Dresden)

> Btw, it follows a quick hack that should output network and transport ID.
>
> Please test. It should be noticed that it adds two new fields on a struct
> that it is part of the API. I didn't care to check if this patch would break
> userspace API.

That works like a charm! Thank you for writing it.

Thanks,
Gregor