Re: PULL request - http://kernellabs.com/hg/~pboettcher/v4l-dvb/

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> PS: how do I do a 'git rebase -i' + 'git reset HEAD~1' with HG (without
> installing additional stuff by hand)? - Nevermind, I will redo all the
> commits by hand.

For rebase:

There are two ways for doing it by using hg extensions. You might try to use
hg rebase extension, but I have to warn that this never worked fine for me
and it seems that it created a database corruption at the time I used.

The other way is to use hg mq extension. It is a quilt like implementation at hg.

You'll need to convert the commits you've done into a qseries commit, with
	hg qimport -r <revision>

After adding all patches to the qseries, you should do:
	hg qpop -a
	hg pull -u	# To get a copy of upstream tree
	hg qpush
for all patches at the tree up to the one you want to edit.
At the patch you'll want to change, you can simply do the editions and do a
hg qrefresh
You may use -e flag to edit the comments.

to commit the remaining patches, do:
	hg qpush -a

For stripping the latest patch:
	hg strip -r <revision of the oldest patch to be removed>

Mercurial saves a backup of the stripped info, but I have no idea on how to revert.

Unfortunately, mercurial has nothing equivalent to git revlog, so, if you do something
bad, you may not find a way to undo for more than one level.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Mauro.