Re: [RFC 0/2] BCM283x Camera Receiver driver

Hi Hans,

Am 30.08.2017 um 12:45 schrieb Hans Verkuil:
On 30/08/17 11:40, Dave Stevenson wrote:
Hi Hans.

On 28 August 2017 at 15:15, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Dave,

What is the status of this work? I ask because I tried to use this driver
plus my tc358743 on my rpi-2b without any luck. Specifically the tc358843
isn't able to read from the i2c bus.
I was on other things until last week, but will try to get a V2 sorted
either this week or early next.
The world moved on slightly too, so there are a few more updates
around fwnode stuff that I ought to adopt.

This is probably a bug in my dts, if you have a tree somewhere containing
a working dts for this, then that would be very helpful.
Almost certainly just pin ctrl on the I2C bus. The default for i2c0 is
normally to GPIOs 0&1 as that is exposed on the 40 pin header
(physical pins 27&28). The camera is on GPIOs 28&29 (alt0) for the
majority of Pi models (not the Pi3, or the early model B).
Yep, that was the culprit!

I now see the tc, but streaming doesn't work yet. I'm not getting any
interrupts in the unicam driver.

BTW, when s_dv_timings is called, then you need to update the v4l2_format
as well to the new width and height. I noticed that that didn't happen.

Anyway, this is good enough for me for now since I want to add CEC support
to the tc driver, and I do not need streaming for that...

i'm not sure this is related, but there is an issue in VCHIQ with HIGHMEM and VMSPLIT on RPi 2 [1].

Maybe the mentioned kmap fix could be helpful.

Btw: The VCHIQ driver in Dave's repo is a bit outdated.

[1] - https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1996

Regards,

	Hans