Re: v4l-dvb compile broken with stock Ubuntu Karmic build (firedtv-ieee1394.c errors)

Thomas Kernen wrote:
Hello,

I came across this thread from June 2009 in the news archives about Ubuntu Karmic and v4l-dvb compile broken with stock Ubuntu Karmic build: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/7161

I've just come across this issue myself after an upgrade of a server to the Ubuntu Karmic release.

Is there any plans to attempt to mitigate this so that other users would not be impacted?

Regards,
Thomas

I don't like answering my own messages but hopefully this will be useful to other users too who may come across the same issue as I and didn't do enough research before asking the question.

Ubuntu Karmic is missing some Firewire/IEEE1394 files in the kernel-headers package.

Workaround:
in the v4l folder, open the .config file, find the line with "CONFIG_DVB_FIREDTV=m" and change to "CONFIG_DVB_FIREDTV=n".

Thomas