[v3 0/2] media: platform: davinci: remove VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS IOCTL

This patch series drops VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS ioctl, from davicni
vpfe_capture driver because of following reasons:

- The function constantly mixes up pointers and phys_addr_t numbers
- This is part of a 'VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS' ioctl command that is
  described as an 'experimental ioctl that will change in future kernels',
  but if we have users that probably won't happen.
- The code to allocate the table never gets called after we copy_from_user
  the user input over the kernel settings, and then compare them
  for inequality.
- We then go on to use an address provided by user space as both the
  __user pointer for input and pass it through phys_to_virt to come up
  with a kernel pointer to copy the data to. This looks like a trivially
  exploitable root hole.

As discussed at [1], there wouldn’t be any possible users of
the VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS IOCTL, but if someone complains
we might end up reverting the removal and fix it differently.

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9779385/

Note: Patch 0001 is intended to apply for backports so as the reason
minimalistic changes have been done since the ioctl was added in
kernel 2.6.32 [2] and applying too many changes would produce conflicts,
just applying this patch would produce build warning of unused functions.

[2] commit 5f15fbb68fd7 ("V4L/DVB (12251): v4l: dm644x ccdc module for vpfe capture driver")

Lad, Prabhakar (2):
  media: platform: davinci: prepare for removal of
    VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS ioctl
  media: platform: davinci: drop VPFE_CMD_S_CCDC_RAW_PARAMS

 drivers/media/platform/davinci/ccdc_hw_device.h |  10 --
 drivers/media/platform/davinci/dm355_ccdc.c     |  92 +--------------
 drivers/media/platform/davinci/dm644x_ccdc.c    | 151 +-----------------------
 drivers/media/platform/davinci/vpfe_capture.c   |  93 ---------------
 include/media/davinci/dm644x_ccdc.h             |  12 --
 include/media/davinci/vpfe_capture.h            |  10 --

2.7.4