Re: HauppaugeTV-quadHD DVB-T mpeg risc op code errors

Hi Thomas,

I haven't had much time to investigate the issue -- I'm currently in
the process of moving country, which is a lot of work!

One thing I was able to determine is that it appears to be related to
Intel VT-d/VT-x or whatever Intel's IOMMU/x86 virtualisation tech
thing is called.

I tried the card in a different older Intel i7 board and it worked
flawlessly. I then started to wonder if it was some new
incompatibility introduced with Kaby Lake. I had tweaked the UEFI
settings on the new Kaby Lake board to enable VT-d/VT-x since I wanted
to run Linux as a host OS with Windows 10 running on top of qemu/KVM.
Upon resetting the UEFI settings to their defaults (VT-d/VT-x
disabled) the card worked without issue.

Maybe this will point you in the right direction, especially since you
mention that your using EXSi with PCIe passthrough, which requires the
use of VT-d/VT-x.

Whether the card itself has issues with VT-d/VT-x or it's a driver bug
I have yet to determine -- how I do that, no idea!

I've CC'd the list, which should include your reply too. See
http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-media to subscribe to the
list.

Regards,
Adam