Question about Large Custom Coefficients for V4L2 sub-device drivers

Hello Media Community,

I am working on a scaler and gamma correction V4L2 sub-device based drivers. A common theme to both of them is that
the kernel driver is expected bring-up these devices in a working (good) configuration. As it turns out these coefficients are tailor-made
or are fairly complex to generate dynamically at run-time.

This implies the driver has to store at least one set of coefficients for each supported configuration. This could easily become 10-20 KB of data stored as a large static array of shorts or integers.

I have a couple of questions to ask all here :

1. What is the best practice for embedding large coefficients ( > 10 KB) into V4L2 sub-device based drivers ?

2. How can user applications feed coefficients to the sub-device based V4L2 drivers ? I'm wondering if there is standard ioctl, write or mmap file op that can be performed to achieve this ?

All inputs will be greatly appreciated :)

Best Regards,
Rohit