Re: v4l2_subdev_queryctrl and friends

On 16/05/17 16:31, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> There is a statement in the v4l2-controls.txt in my 4.4.55 kernel that
> v4l2_subdev_queryctrl and friends will be removed "Once all the V4L2
> drivers that depend on subdev drivers are converted to the control
> framework".
>
> How would I be able to tell if my driver (isc-atmel.c) has been
> converted to the control framework?  I would have expected that to be
> the case, given that I have backported the driver (from linux-media in
> the last week or two), but I am not seeing controls that I create in
> my subdev.

Yes, atmel-isc.c has been converted. If a driver has a v4l2_ctrl_handler
struct, then it's OK.

However, it seems it never inherits the controls from the subdev.

It needs something like this (taken from rcar-vin.c):

        ret = v4l2_ctrl_add_handler(&vin->ctrl_handler, sd->ctrl_handler, NULL);
        if (ret < 0)
                return ret;

to do this.

Regards,