Re: Is it possible to have a binary blob custom control?

Another possible mis-abuse of a binary blob control would be as a
mechanism for retrieving a lumanance histogram from an image
processing peripheral.  Once again, I could implement that through the
debugfs as Jean-Michel suggested, or I could do something more
standard.

Any suggestions for a "more standard" mechanism for retrieving
out-of-band data (such as a histogram) from a V4L2 camera source?

I guess, now that I have mentioned out-of-band data, I could also
start thinking about the "embedded data lines" that are provided as
the first two lines from my Sony imager.  Is there any standard way
for directing those two lines to a separate buffer?

I'd rather ask silly sounding questions, than implement silly code. :-)

--wpd