Re: Leadtek DTV-1000S

Hi Mike, Mauro,

Am Mittwoch, den 21.10.2009, 15:33 -0400 schrieb Michael Krufky:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Ryan Day <ryan.day@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Michael-
> > I wanted to see if you might be able to assist in getting a DTV-1000S to
> > work.  I followed the instructions on the Whirlpool forum (DL the firmware,
> > cp it to /lib/firmware, dl the dtv-1000s files from kernellabs.com, untar,
> > make, make install, reboot), and everything looks good when I install, but
> > when I reboot, the boot up hangs and eventually freezes.
> >
> > I thought reinstalling might give me a better chance for success with a
> > clean slate to work with, but the problem continues.  Unfortunately, I don't
> > have any of the error logs or anything, as I reinstalled.
> >
> > I can't remember the message at the first hang, but the freeze is caused by
> > a failure to load the LIRC module.
> >
> > Also of note is that I'm installing this card as a second tuner.  I have a
> > DTV-2000H already installed.  I don't know if that changes anything.
> >
> > Sorry I can't provide better info, but any advice you can give would be
> > great.
>
> Ryan,
>
> This is really a question for the linux-media mailing list, so I've
> added it in cc -- please use REPLY-TO-ALL in your correspondence, so
> that anybody else that may have seen this issue can chime in with
> their advice, or perhaps they may benefit themselves simply by reading
> your problem description.  Also, please remember that your response on
> the mailing list should appear below the quoted thread.
>
> Meanwhile, why would failure to load the LIRC module cause a problem
> on your board, causing a system hang... Sounds fishy to me -- are you
> sure about this?
>
> Have you tried deleting / blacklisting the module that you believe to
> be freezing your system?
>
> Have you tried moving your PCI card to another slot?
>
> Have you google'd for other users of your motherboard who might be
> suffering from similar issues?
>
> I updated the dtv1000s tree yesterday, with the intention of getting
> it merged into the master branch.  Perhaps there is a bug in the new
> repository that is not present in the old repository?
>
> The current repository that you probably have already tested is located here:
>
> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/dtv1000s

there is another report for problems with the DTV-1000S now.

Checking the above and the master tree, it turns out that the card's
analog entry made it into the #if 0 flyvideo tweaks in saa7134-cards.c
and is not valid there.

Have to leave the house now, Mike please fix it or I'll send a fix when
back later in the evening.

Cheers,
Hermann