Re: Camera resolution question

Em Fri, 14 Apr 2017 21:31:48 +0530
Ryan <ryanphilips19@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I have a display of 720P and a 8MP camera.
>
> Do i need to capture 8MP image or an image 720P from the camera as the
> i need to display it on the LCD.
>
> Where does the scaling take place? Should i scale the image down
> before i display or should i capture a smaller resolution image from
> the
> camera to be able to display on the LCD.

That depends on what you want ;)

If you scale the image at the camera sensor (if the sensor has
internally a downscaler), you'll likely be able to get a higher
frame rate, although those scalers are usually simple (they usually
just discards pixels and lines).

If you don't need a higher frame rate, then you can use a better
scaler that would use an algorithm that would give a better
image quality.

Thanks,
Mauro