Re: Hauppage HVR-2250 Tuning problems

>> I have done some searching online, and that's what led me to scan,
>> dvbscan and scte65scan, but none of the suggestions I've found so far
>> seem to help.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go
>> from here?  Could there be something wrong with the card itself?  Are
>> there any diagnostics I could run?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.

Dan,

I'm not aware of any digital cable issues currently.

1) Do you have any other tvtuners that can validate your signal is
working correctly? Specifically, for a number of identifiable
frequencies?

2) Is your cable plant standard cable, IRC, or HRC?

3) I suggest you put together a rudamentary $HOME/.azap/channels.conf
and experiment with azap, that works really well for me.

Here's a sample from my development channels.conf:
c112:723000000:QAM_256:288:289:713
c86:597000000:QAM_256:288:289:713

Try this with azap -r c86 or c112, what happens?

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com