Re: JVC camera and Hauppauge PVR-150 framegrabber.

Em Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:04:21 -0700
peter@xxxxxxxxxxx escreveu:

> With a manual setting of the device path and ID, the V4L2 Test Bench
> produced this image from a JVC TK-1070U camera on a microscope.
> http://easthope.ca/JVCtoPVR150screen.jpg
>
> Setting the device in the Test Bench each time it is opened becomes
> tedious and no /etc/*v4l* exists.  Can the default configuration be
> adjusted permanently without recompiling?  How?
>
> Although too dark, the image from the microscope slide is faintly
> visible. The upper half of the image is on the bottom of the screen
> and the lower half is at the top.  On a VCR I might try adjusting
> vertical sync.  Is there an equivalent in the Test Bench?

You could use v4l2-ctl to set all parameters you need in order to
get a good quality image.

It is possible to automatically call it by adding a udev rule.
This link explains how to do things like that (although their
examples are for different use cases):

	https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

Some of examples have a directive like:
	PROGRAM="..."

With basically makes udev to run a program or script when the device
gets detected.

Thanks,
Mauro