Re: cpu load of webcam read out with omap3/beagleboard

Nobody has an idea? I think this cpu load isn't normal, becuase everywhere you can read, that the bealgeboard is very fast and it has 500MHz...

Regards, Joern

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rath" <mailings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Linux-Media" <linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:43 PM
Subject: cpu load of webcam read out with omap3/beagleboard

Hi,

I have beagleboard with the OMAP3530 processor and I want to read a usb webcam out. But I only get usable results at 160x120 resolution. I set the pixelformat to "V4L2_PIX_FMT_RGB24" and the resolution to 160x120. With these settings I get 30fps at 4% cpu load. But when I set the resolution to 320x240 or 640x480 the cpu load is at 98% and I get only 17 or 4fps. Also I get at 640x480 errors like "libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 9 more bits".

Is this a normal behavior or is there a way to fix this? I think the problem is the conversion from MJPEG to RGB, because when I set the pixelformat to MJPEG the cpu load is <1%. But I need RGB data for image processing.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards, Joern