Re : ISDB-T tuner

Dibcom's tuner is only working in brazil no?
the Brazil's ISDB-T and Japanese one is not excatly same, no?

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Patrick Boettcher <pboettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : Akihiro TSUKADA <tskd2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : Romont Sylvain <psgman24@xxxxxxxx>; linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Mar 20 Octobre 2009, 16 h 43 min 34 s
Objet : Re: ISDB-T tuner

Hi all,

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:
> And just  for you information, in addition to EarthSoft PT1,
> there is a driver for 'Friio' ISDB-T USB receiver (which I wrote;) ,
> and it is already included in the main repository.
> Dibcom is maybe for Brazil and may or may not work in Japan.

I'm just stepping in here to clarify Dibcom's ISDB-T support: it's purely limited to demodulation with the dib8000-driver. Meaning, using a Dibcom reference-design in Japan will give you the BCAS encrypted transport stream, not more. This way is primarily used in set-top-boxes and car-receivers and things like that.

--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com/