Re: [linux-dvb] Linuxtv wiki needs email notification/more email-ready users

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:52:08AM -0400, CityK wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> > H. Langos wrote:
> >>
> >> It would be great if it was possible to get (immediate/daily/weekly?) change
> >> notifications by email in order not to lose track of what is happening to
> >> the pages that I care about. (I bet this is standard functionality of
> >> mediawiki or at least one of the more common extentions.)
> >>

> In searching for something else, I came across this recent thread on the
> mediawiki m/l:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2009-October/032214.html
>
> There are a few suggestions in it (I just skimmed through). Perhaps one
> of them would be good to implement.

I took a look at those but in doing so I've (re)discovered the automatic rss
feed that each page generates. Those rss feeds can be polled by services
like feedmyinbox.com to generate a daily report.

Our Mediawiki version does not yet have the ability to generate RSS feeds
for users' watchlists without them being logged in (I've seen that feature
on MW 1.16beta on the iPodlinux.org wiki though), but I am happy enough
with the general "Recent changes" and the individual pages' feeds.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction

cheers
-henrik