Re: Documentation/media/uapi/cec/ sporadically unnecessarily rebuilding

On 27.10.2016 16:52, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jani,

Am 24.10.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Jani Nikula <jani.nikula@xxxxxxxxx>:

I think I saw some of this in the past [1], but then couldn't reproduce
it after all. Now I'm seeing it again. Sporadically
Documentation/media/uapi/cec/ gets rebuilt on successive runs of make
htmldocs, even when nothing has changed.

Output of 'make SPHINXOPTS="-v -v" htmldocs' attached for both cases.

Using Sphinx (sphinx-build) 1.4.6

I can't see what's  wrong with your "rebuild" file ...

<build-cec-rebuilding.txt --------->
building [mo]: targets for 0 po files that are out of date
building [html]: targets for 0 source files that are out of date
updating environment: 0 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
looking for now-outdated files... none found
no targets are out of date.
build succeeded.
  HTML    Documentation/DocBook/index.html
<build-cec-rebuilding.txt --------->

Awesome, I screwed up the file names, please check again with
build-cec-rebuilding.txt <-> build-ok.txt...

Ah, ok .. I can reproduce the error.

It seems that sphinx's ".. toctree::" don't like it, if you
build a structure where severals ".. toctrees" in the same
folder include files of this folder.

E.g. if you have "myfolder" with "index.rst", "f1.rst"
and "f2.rst" in (content see below) and you rebuild it
5 or more times, the files f1.rst and f2.rst will
sporadically rebuild.

May I have time to find the bug and send a fix to sphinx.

-- Markus --

=====

.. toctree::
    :maxdepth: 1