Viewing HD?

Hello,

I have an AverMedia Pro A700 DVB-S card, working well with Kaffeine;
the dish is tuned to Astra 28.2E (in Ireland).

However, I am unable to view HD. I tried BBC HD and nothing is shown;
the terminal output mentions "illegal aspect ratio".

Instant recording worked. In mplayer, the result was viewed very
jerkily, with many messages saying "PAFF + spatial direct mode is not
implemented"; the codec was ffmpeg h.264. CPU load was maxed out
(Pentium 3 GHz).

Is there any way to view HD - live or recorded? Or if the CPU is not
powerful enough, which will be? And, as a CPU workaround, is there a
way to recode in non-realtime, without losing data? (With the "not
implemented" messages, I am wary of using mencoder).

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik