Re: How to make my device work with linux?

I was looking around to find that there is a driver for that Fujitsu
MB86A16 inside the "Linux Mantis Driver" project, Fujitsu MB86A16
DVB-S/DSS DC Receiver driver made by Manu Abraham
http://www.verbraak.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Mantis_driver.

I've done a few tests with usbsnoop and other tools but USB sniffer
doesn't see any valid command, jut a bunch of bytes that makes no
sense:
http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/firmware.html#FX2

I will try my luck compiling that Fujitsu driver, but my best guess is
that without a proper I/O from that FX2 it will end up with nothing at
all.

Thank you.

> For a first step, I'd recommend to read up on using USB sniffers to
> capture the windows driver traffic.  The drivers for the FX2 parts
> tend to be relatively easy to sniff.  We already have a linux driver
> for the TDA18271, I *think* there is a driver available for that
> Fujitsu demod but it's not in the v4l-dvb master repository.
[snip]