Re: uvcvideo error on second capture from USB device, leading to V4L2_BUF_FLAG_ERROR

> I am curious to tinker with this, just not sure about free time for it.
> Please go through the following instruction, and then we'll see if ssh
> is going to help to debug this.
>
> Also I think it is worth to CC actual manufacturers. There are addresses
> for technical support of both devices in public on maker websites.
> Please CC them when replying with new logs, to let them catch up.

Ok, so I’ve provided all these logs requested by Andrey in an earlier message but I’m unsubscribing from this list now.

I have written a patch for FFmpeg that deals with the problem for both devices so it’s not really an issue for me anymore, but I’m not sure if the patch will get accepted in their master git as it’s a little messy.

I’ve already documented another workaround ("modprobe -r uvcvideo && modprobe uvcvideo” before starting any capture) so really it’s up to the people developing these devices and/or the v4l2 driver/sub-system as to whether this gets sorted. Nobody from Magewell even bothered replying and I’m not going to chase that up as I’ve better things to do!

I am however, perfectly happy for anyone to contact me off list/copy me into any further discussion and I’m happy to provide ssh access to a machine that shows the problem for debugging if that would help.

- Oliver