Re: [PULL] http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/dib0070

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Patrick Boettcher
<pboettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>> Mauro,
>>
>> I saw your changeset entitled, "dib0700: not building
>> CONFIG_DVB_TUNER_DIB0070 breaks compilation" -- this works around the
>> problem but does not fix it.  In order to build the dib0700 driver
>> without the dib0070 driver selected,  I have backed out your change
>> and replaced it with an actual fix. Please pull from:
>>
>> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/dib0070
>>
>> for the following:
>>
>> - Backed out changeset 936f04b2c17a
>> - dib0070: fix build dependency when driver is disabled
>>
>> dvb-usb/Kconfig     |    2 +-
>> frontends/dib0070.h |    7 ++++++-
>
> You're now the 3rd guy to implement and to pull-request this to Mauro.
>
> We should have a page somewhere listing all PULL requests (if sent with a
> certain syntax) which everyone can check before doing a thing...
>
> Sorry for the duplicated work.

I think this could have been avoided if the person who noticed the
issue had pushed his workaround patch to the mailing list for review
before it appeared in the linuxtv.org master branch :-(

Regardless of that, I didn't see your pending pull request until now,
as you've pointed it out.  Unfortunately, your pull request pre-date's
Mauro's workaround patch, "dib0700: not building
CONFIG_DVB_TUNER_DIB0070 breaks compilation"

That patch needs to be reverted, otherwise the static dependency
remains regardless of the change in the dib0070 header file.

Perhaps it would make sense for you to rebase against my dib0070 tree
before Mauro pull's either one.

Who else put in a pull request for a similar patch other than you or I, Patrick?

Cheers,

Mike