RFC: V4L2_PIX_FMT_NV16: should it allow padding after each plane?

The NV16 documentation allows for padding after each line:

https://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/spec/uapi/v4l/pixfmt-nv16.html

But I have one case where there is also padding after each plane.

Can we fold that into the existing NV16 format? I.e., in that case
the size of each plane is sizeimage / 2.

Or do I have to make a new NV16PAD format that allows such padding?

I am in favor of extending the NV16 specification since I believe it
makes sense, but I want to know what others think.

Regards,

	Hans