re: Re: how to develop driver for cy7c68013(fx2 lp)?

Hi Liu,

(please avoid top-posts on this list)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, liu.yaojin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

hi,Mauro:
thanks for replying.
i am not sure the dtv api can be used in my project.because cmmb's
protocol is different to dmb :(

Then the API needs to be extended. Maybe by you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but CMMB does not have standard MPEG2-TS and the configuration really needs real-time constraints.

How does it work for your device?

To have proper support for non-MPEG2-TS DTV streams we could add a new demuxer-type which handles it.

To tune a CMMB device we'd need to add the DTV_PROPERTIES to frontend.h

in Windows, we download firmware using windows driver,config fx2 as bulk
transfer,and read the TS stream,finally decode it and display.
I also read this post: "http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7466"----
Writing a Real Driver?In User Space.
if i just want to read the ts stream,should i use this method? or another
way?

This option is rather useful for debugging/prototyping, IMO.

In the future we will have to support several CMMB device from different manufacturers. Up to now, we have used the kernel-user-interface to have stable API for different standards - we should continue to do so.

It would be nice to start the RFC-process for CMMB's extension to DVB API 5 .

regards,

--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com/