Re: Troubles with kernel-doc and RST files

Am 20.07.2016 um 00:58 schrieb Jonathan Corbet <corbet@xxxxxxx>:

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 12:00:24 +0200
> Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I recommend to consider to switch to the python version of the parser.
>> I know, that there is a natural shyness about a reimplementation in python
>> and thats why I offer to support it for a long time period .. it would
>> be a joy for me ;-)
>>
>> If you interested in, I could send a RFC patch for this, if not please
>> give the reasons why not.
>
> We've had this discussion already...

Hi Jon,

for me -- and may be I'am forgetful -- it was not really clear in
the past discussion .. anyway I would say; thanks for clarifying
your POV ..

>  The problem is not with "python",
> it's with "reimplementation".  We have enough moving parts in this
> transition already; tossing in a wholesale replacement of a tool that,
> for all of its many faults, embodies a couple decades worth of experience
> just doesn't seem like the right thing to do at this time.
>
> I will be happy to entertain the idea of a new kernel-doc in the future;
> trust me, I have no emotional attachment to the current one.  But please
> let's solidify what we have now first.  There's enough stuff to deal with
> as it is.

OK, now I will accept to stay with the perl one and for this I will send
my next patches ...

Thanks

  -- Markus --