uvcvideo

this happens ...

modprobe uvcvideo
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'uvcvideo': Exec format error

and /dev/video0 is not created

I followed, very carefully, several times,  the directions on

https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php?title=TBS_driver_installation&action=info

kernel source 4.6.4

the module I wanted saa716x_budget   works very well, but ...

hitherto, I had never used a usb camera at the same time but
this happens

modprobe uvcvideo
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'uvcvideo': Exec format error

so none of my usb cameras work if the directions are followed

on the plain vanilla 4.6.4 kernel, the cameras work ...
so, probably not a kernel bug ?

the same thing happens on some earlier kernels

thank you, Charles Stegall

--

Charles Stegall
stegall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx