Re: usbvision: problems adding support for ATI TV Wonder USB Edition

Hi Hans,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 5:15 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> On 12/19/2015 07:12 AM, Christopher Chavez wrote:
>>
>> I'm still researching what other programs to test this with (VLC?
>> v4l-utils?)...
>
> I use qv4l2 from v4l-utils.

Thanks for the suggestion!

> Did you make any progress with this?
>
> The problem is that the usbvision driver is very old and very badly written.
> And I doubt anyone will have time to upgrade this driver to modern standards.
>
> I don't mind taking this patch, but I should at least have confirmation that
> you got it to work :-)

I have not had any success yet. I haven't yet come across any documentation on
how to determine what values to use for the ATI device; I wanted to try reusing
values from another device first, but either some of those values are
completely off or there is a separate issue that needs to be addressed first
before I can test the ATI device. I don't own a "supported" device to help
determine which is the case.

I can try again as early as August; I'll resubmit if I make any progress.

> Regards,
>
>         Hans (who is cleaning out old submitted patches)

Thanks for following up.

Christopher Chavez