Re: [hg:v4l-dvb] DocBook/media: Add isdb-t documentation

Em Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:06:44 +0200 (CEST)
Patrick Boettcher <pboettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
> > Hi Patrick,
> >
> > I've added the isdb-t docs at the new media DocBook. Please double check. It were
> > generated from your text document at dvb-spec dir.
>
> Thanks a lot for doing this job :) . You didn't remove the txt-file. Any
> future change I will do in the DocBook, so no need anymore for the
> txt-file.

Ok. I'll do a patch removing the txt.

> > Starting from now, I kindly ask developers that need to touch at Media API to
> > always send an update to the DocBook. It would be great if someone could write
> > a complete S2API spec.
>
> Hmm... as ISDB-T is based on S2API-mechanisms, it should not be that
> hard...
>
> Should we do a list of S2API-ids described per standard? Like that e.g.
> frequency would appear everytime, but as it has a different meaning/scale
> for different standards, it seems logic to split it up in standards.

Good point.

Maybe we can have an initial section with the common parameters, adding <xref>
to each standard for details.

Another possibility would be to have a table with all S2API-id's x all
standards, saying yes/no if that tag applies. If yes, <xref> or <callout> pointing to each standard meaning. Like:

|PARAMETER    | DVB-S2 |ISDB-T |	...
FREQ		YES(1)	YES(2)	...
LAYER_A		NO	YES(3)	...

Cheers,