Re: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle 330e

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Olive <not0read0765@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I own a TV card advertised as "Pinnacle Hybrid stick solo". After
> installing the xc3028-v27.fw firmware; I can watch analog TV with the
> em28xx module. The problem is with the digital TV. The devices /dev/dvb*
> are not created. I have also tried an em28xx-new module that we find on
> the net (and a patch to make it work on 2.6.30) but it does not work
> either (and moreover; with this last driver, the analog part does not
> work correctly with SECAM). As anyone succeeded to have the digital
> part of this stick work? Here below I put the relevant part of dmesg.
> After modprobing em28xx-dvb I got the supplementary line from the dmesg
> output (but still no /dev/dvb* devices).
>
> Em28xx: Initialized (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
>
> Olive

Digital support for the 330e isn't currently supported in the mainline
driver.  I have the code written and tested, but still need to finish
the firmware extraction script (I spent about five hours working on it
last night).

I will put a post on the KernelLabs blog when I am ready to get
testers to try it:  http://www.kernellabs.com/blog

Devin
--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs