Re: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle 320e (em28xx/xc2028): scan finds just first channel

On 12/09/2009 15:33, Devin Heitmueller has wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Miroslav Pragl - mailing lists
<lists.subscriber@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hello,
I've compiled and installed latest v4l-dvb and dvb-apps, extracted xceive
firmware, so far so good. Distro is Fedora 11, x64 (2.6.30.5-43.fc11.x86_64)

Unfortunately scan finds only the first channel:
<snip>

Hello Miroslav,

Are you absolutely sure you installed the latest code, including "make
unload" to unload the currently running modules?  I fixed this exact
regression back in June, so I would be extremely surprised if you are
really seeing this in the latest code.

I would suggest using the following commands, and then reboot:

<unplug device>
hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
cd v4l-dvb
make&&  make install&&  make unload
reboot
<plug in device>

Then see if it still happens.

Cheers,

Devin

Hi Devin,
I'm the person that has joined yesterday night on IRC channel to talk with you about this post.

During July, I've already talked with you about a problem (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg07728.html), but I was new and not very able to do debug and explain the problem with good test case. After two months of tests and 3 adapters used (Hauppauge Nova-T, a china generic Intel CE9500B1 and Pinnable Hybrid Stick 320E EEPROM-ID=0x9567eb1a, EEPROM-hash=0xb8846b20 - only this one don't work), I've more information for you.

My configuration is very similar to Miroslav, Fedora 11 with kernel 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i686.PAE; v4l-dvb tree downloaded yesterday (15/09/2009) and I use scandvb to scan the channels. I've tryed your repository too, em28xx-vbi3, but it seems the same. The driver compile without problem, the system is rebooted every time I recompile it, modules are inserted without options and dmesg doesn't show any errors (http://pastebin.com/f340bf982).

Now the problem, very similar to Miroslav if MUX transmit only one channel; during tuning, the DVB-T stop on first MUX tuned and all MUX found after this one are not tuned and channels are not recognized. During tests, I've seen that if I change the MUX order in input file for scandvb, I can get channels list tuned from first MUX... after more tuning sessions to compile the list, the problem persist during normal view of transmission...

If you need more info ask to me, I'll be very happy to help you; if for you is useful, I've saved a tuning session with usbsnoop from windows and I've not done this for linux, but if you need it I can do (I need some time to do this because I don't know where to start).

Thanks for your support,
Sebastian