Re: Can you look at this apps build warning?

Em Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:18:32 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> From the daily build:
>
> apps: WARNINGS
> dvb-sat.c:188:14: warning: unused variable 's' [-Wunused-variable]
>
> The fix is easy of course (delete static char s[1024];), but it is a bit surprising and I just
> want to make sure there isn't something else going on.

Thanks for noticing.

That line is bogus. I added it together with some other debug code,
while I was trying to understand why the newer libdvbv5.mo was not
being used on my system.

There's actually an weird issue that was happening on my system.
Here, I installed v4l-utils at the /usr/local prefix.

For the dvbv5-scan, it should load the v4l-utils.mo translation.

It did it right:

open("/usr/local/share/locale/pt_BR.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/v4l-utils.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/local/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/v4l-utils.mo", O_RDONLY) = 3

But, for the library, it looked only at the /usr prefix:

open("/usr/share/locale/pt_BR.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/libdvbv5.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/libdvbv5.mo", O_RDONLY) = 3

So, it was loading an old copy of the translation messages.

Btw, there is a similar issue I noticed a few weeks ago,
related to pkg-config: it is also not looking for libdvbv5.pc
at /usr/local prefix. I also had to manually force pkg-config
to also seek under /usr/local by setting an env var:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$(pkg-config --variable pc_path pkg-config):/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

I didn't try to identify the reason for that yet. I *suspect* that
this is not related to v4l-utils autoconfig, but, instead, to some
patches that are missing when pkg-config and glibc search patches
on Fedora 23.

In any case, I'm c/c Gregor. He may know a little bit more about
such issues.

Anyway, with regards to the unused code, just fixed it upstream.

Thanks,
Mauro