Re: Terratec T USB XXS 0ccd:00ab device

Just for the record

На Sunday 13 September 2009 14:56:56 Emanoil Kotsev написа:
> Hello, I've just subscribed this list. I'm normally using knode to read
> news, but somehow I can not pull the groups etc from the vger server.
>
> I also tried to post to linux-dvb mailing list, but found out that it moved
> here. If you think I need to know something explicitly about participating
> to the list, please let me know.

Something is completely wrong with this "linux-dvb" list. I subscriubed there before and people are posting - I'm getting the mails.

> The issue I'm facing is that my old TV card (HVR900) stopped working, so I
> googled around and decided to buy Terratec T USB XXS, reading it was
> supported in dvb_usb_dib0700
>
> However after installing the card (usb-stick) it was not recognized (my one
> has product id 0x00ab and not 0x0078), so I googled again and found a hint
> to change the device id in dvb_usb_ids.h which was working for other
> Terratec card.

It seems there are two device ids covering the same card model

 http://linux.terratec.de/tv_en.html

> I pulled the latest v4l-dvb code and did it (perhaps I could have done it
> in the kernel 2.6.31), compiled, installed and it started working.

no dvb_usb_dib0700 is not part of the mainstream kernel yet

> However I can not handle udev to get the remote control links created
> correctly. Can someone help me with it? How can I provide useful output to
> developers to solve the issues with ir? I read and saw that ir control keys
> are coded in the driver, so if the ir part of the 0x00ab card is different,
> how can I get a useful information that can be coded for this card? Who is
> doing the work at linux-dvb?

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Template:Making-it-work:dvb-usb-dib0700

helped solve the issues

however you don't get this page listed in google under top ten (at least on my pc)

> I read there are other people, returning the cards to the seller, because
> it's not working/supported by linux, which does not seem to be really true.

This is really stupid idea to give up something that easily.

> Luckilly I have a bit kernel experience and good C knowledge and could do
> testing if somebody can have a look at the issues - the code is completely
> new to me so that I prefer to be an alpha tester for the device.

The offer still holds - someebody should change the code to make it work

regards

--
pub   1024D/648C084C 2008-06-06 Emanoil Kotsev
<emanoil.kotsev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>