g_webcam driver not working properly on newer kernel

Hi all,

I am working with the g_webcam driver on Linux 3.14 and 4.3 with an embedded system. It works pretty well for most of Linux hosts but when trying to register the webcam driver on Windows 7/8 I got "This device cannot start (Code 10)" message.

I decided to try out the old version of the driver before the videobuf2 modifications and some other stuff (mostly the pretty initial driver) and it worked correctly on Windows 7/8.

Has someone else experimented a similar issue? Is this a regression problem? I noticed that newer version of the patch need several tries to get the streaming working correctly on Linux hosts but I have been unable to get it working at all with Windows.

Regards,
-Marco