Re: image quality of Labtec Webcam 2200

Nice, i will take a look.
Anyway, be aware, that the "conversion error", is something expected
on pac7311, in fact, Hans have commented that on the libv4lconvert.
    if (result) {
        /* Pixart webcam's seem to regulary generate corrupt frames, which
           are best thrown away to avoid flashes in the video stream. Tell
           the upper layer this is an intermediate fault and it should try
           again with a new buffer by setting errno to EAGAIN */
        if (src_pix_fmt == V4L2_PIX_FMT_PJPG ||
            data->flags & V4LCONVERT_IS_SN9C20X) {
          V4LCONVERT_ERR("decompressing JPEG: %s",
            tinyjpeg_get_errorstring(data->jdec));
          errno = EAGAIN;
          return -1;
That's the result of the EAGAIN.

About, the half brightness picture, did that happens when autogain is off?
Best Regards