Re: Question on video device in /dev for S460 card cx88

Peter Brouwer wrote:
> Hello
>
> Quick question regarding video devices that show up when using a cx88
> base S460
> (tevii) DVB-S2 card.
>
> I see two devices in /dev
> /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0 related to the cx88 based dvb-s2 card.
> What are those devices, is the video0 the video out of the card after the
> demuxer? If so, should that device not show up in /dev/dvb/adapterN ??
>
> What is the /dev/vbi0 device?
>
> Regards

I heavily modified/updated my previous link/answer I provided to this
question you posted earlier.  A more thorough answer can be found here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Device_nodes_and_character_devices

Please review that, as it should make clear the answers to your questions.