Re: [linuxtv-commits] [hg:v4l-dvb] cx25840: fix determining the firmware name

Em Mon, 7 Sep 2009 01:20:33 -0400
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Mauro Carvalho
> Chehab<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Em Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:05:31 -0400
> > Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
> >
> >> Mauro,
> >>
> >> This fix should really go to Linus before 2.6.31 is released, if
> >> possible.  It also should be backported to stable, but I need it in
> >> Linus' tree before it will be accepted into -stable.
> >>
> >> Do you think you can slip this in before the weekend?  As I
> >> understand, Linus plans to release 2.6.31 on Saturday, September 5th.
> >>
> >> If you dont have time for it, please let me know and I will send it in myself.
> >>

> > This patch doesn't apply upstream:
> >
> > $ patch -p1 -i 12613.patch
> > patching file drivers/media/video/cx25840/cx25840-firmware.c
> > Hunk #5 FAILED at 107.
> > 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/media/video/cx25840/cx25840-firmware.c.re
>

> OK, this is going to need a manual backport.  This does fix an issue
> in 2.6.31, and actually affects all kernels since the appearance of
> the cx23885 driver, but I can wait until you push it to Linus in the
> 2.6.32 merge window, then I'll backport & test it for -stable.

Ok. I think I asked you once, but let me re-ask again: from what I was told, the
latest cx25840 firmware (the one that Conexant give us the distribution rights)
seems to be common to several cx25840-based chips. It would be really good if
we can test it with all devices, especially since distros will add it on their
firmware packages, as they are at the firmware -git

Cheers,
Mauro