From: linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-media-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harald Milz
Sent: 04 September 2009 09:30
To: linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3650 CI

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 09:30:15PM +0200, Jens Nixdorf wrote:
> As Niels told you already, you cant use both types of driver. I own
> the same DVB-S2-Box from Technotrend and i'm using it with VDR 1.7.0
> in ubuntu 9.04. I was following the wiki for installing s2-liplianin-
> drivers, and since this time the box is running including its CI.

Mine as well under openSUSE 11.1. The part should definitely get the
"supported" status. I figure the s2-liaplianin tree need to me merged into
the official tree then. As the S2-3200 card which is technically very
similar except for the USB interface is officially supported in kernel
2.6.29, a respective hint should be added to the Wiki. I may test a 2.6.29
kernel for openSUSE 11.1 today and give some feedback.

Same for the S2-3600 which is technically identical except for the CI.

Any idea if the Satelco part
(http://www.amazon.de/SATELCO-EasyWatch-HDTV-USB-DVB-S2/dp/B000X1C02W) is a
OEM part of the S2-3650?

> Maybe there could be some optimization (the log is full with some
> bandwisth-messages from the stb6100-part), but it works at least good
> enough for me.

"modprobe ... verbose=0"  helps.

--
Save the Whales -- Harpoon a Honda.