what is the current status of the DVB-T2 supply chain for the UK ?

Hello everyone.

its been a while since i had need to post anything but iv got a very
serious problem as to the status of the current status of the DVB-T2 supply chain for the UK ?

there doesn't seem to be any, and if anyone knows what's happening, then
its the linux DVB-T guys  ;)

December 2nd 2009, see below, is not very far away now, and  considering that the UK
Freeview HD will be transmitted using DVB-T2 it seems we in the UK have
a potential problem.

 there doesn't seem to be anything advertised here to buy, and no
 PCI(-E)or USB2 sticks with DVB-T2 chipsets/SOC included that i can
 find.

 if the worlds OEMs are to be ready for that UK market and date,
 then it seems they Must be in full manufacture by now or
already available on the shelf some were.

has anyone here got any information regarding the potential
availability of such USB2 DVB-T2 sticks for PC use and whats the
status of any drivers and support code for that? if any.

 but i really do hope someone here is already working with something
 we can put in and directly use in the UK with these BBC HD AVC DVB-T2
 finally going mainstream with the winterhill NW transmitter switch
 on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2009/06/whats_happening_with_freeview.html
Graham Plumb, the Head of Distribution Technology, BBC Operations Group.

"17:00 UK time, Wednesday, 24 June 2009
[The Editor: In our recent open post we had several questions about the
roll-out of Freeview HD.

This is the first post on the blog from Graham Plumb, Head of Distribution Technology,
BBC Operations Group.]

The plan is still to launch Freeview HD on December 2nd at the Winter Hill transmitter
serving Manchester and Liverpool.

The plan has always been to roll Freeview HD out around the country following switchover and
Winter Hill was selected as the first achievable transmitter.

There will need to be a retrospective upgrade of regions that have already switched.

The originally mentioned date of November came from the fact that Winter Hill starts to switch over in November.
But it was quickly realised that the BBC's second Multiplex (Mux B) that is being converted for Freeview HD
actually switches over on 2nd December at Winter Hill.

The March 2010 date in the Ofcom document is simply the last backstop date by when Winter Hill
has to be on air to comply with our licence conditions.

They've built in a contingency (as already happens in switchover licences).

The BBC has been working on plans to deliver early upgrades to some stations (serving high populations)
that are late in the switchover programme and would otherwise have to wait long for Freeview HD.
..."

--
Best regards,
 david                          mailto:david.may10@ ntlworld.com.invalid