Re: Noisy video with Avermedia AVerTV Digi Volar X HD (AF9015) and mythbuntu 9.04

On 08/26/2009 01:01 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Antti Palosaari<crope@xxxxxx>  wrote:
USB2.0 BULK stream .buffersize is currently 512 and your patch increases it
to the 65424. I don't know how this value should be determined. I have set
it as small as it is working and usually it is 512 used almost every driver.
511 will not work (if not USB1.1 configured to the endpoints).

****

Could someone point out how correct BULK buffersize should be determined? I
have thought that many many times...

Usually I do a sniffusb capture of the Windows driver and use whatever
they are using.

Should try that if better trick is not known.

****

Also one other question; if demod is powered off and some IOCTL is coming -
like FE_GET_FRONTEND - how that should be handled? v4l-dvb -framework does
not look whether or not demod is sleeping and forwards that query to the
demod which cannot answer it.

In other demods, whenever the set_frontend call comes in the driver
check to see if the device is asleep and wakes it up on demand.  On
some demods, you can query a register to get the power state.  In
other cases you have to manually keep track of whether you previously
put the demod to sleep using the demod's state structure.

If demod (and tuner) is powered off by bridge (.power_ctrl) that's not possible. Is there way to call bridge .power_ctrl to wake up demod and tuner? I added param for demdod state to track sleep/wake state and return 0 in sleep case. But that does not sounds good solution...

Thank you for fast answer.

regards
Antti
--