Re: x3m_HPC2000

Hi Daniel,

Am Samstag, den 22.08.2009, 12:31 +0200 schrieb Daniel Senftleben:
[snip]

> G'day all
>
> I've bought myself the "HPC2000 hybrid tv pci card" for one reason because x3m
> said it supports linux.. well, it never worked for me (now I'm at Suse 11.1
> 64bit and I used to use the prior Suse versions) and now I stumbled across
> your wiki and saw my card under the "Currently Unsupported DVB-T PCI cards"..
> way to go :-/ So now I subscribed to the list to help get this card working!
> How can I help?
> (but please be easy on me - it's the first time I try help "officials" ;-))

I'm not very close to that card currently, but from the wiki it seems
your best chance is to try with recent mercurial v4l-dvb cx88xx card=63.

Devin had some important regression fixes about three weeks back.

The wiki link to the x3m linux driver doesn't work currently, so I had
only a look at the Geniatech stuff.

There seem to be already several revisions of that card and clones.
The X3M with version 1.11.
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/images/3/37/Hpc2000.jpg

And LifeView with a revision 1.00 calling it "not only TV".
http://www.lifeview.hk/dbimages/document/12%5Clv3h_all.jpg

Here we seem to see it with a sticker "LV3H" over the revision printing.
That one has the same PCI subsystem like the Geniatech X8000 MT.
http://www.lowlevel.cz/log/pivot/entry.php?id=117

Always try to provide links, even to our own wiki and at least relevant
parts of "dmesg" for all card related stuff.

I honestly had no idea in the beginning about what you might be talking
at all, just some decent echos in memory.

Good Luck,
Hermann