What is V4L2_CTRL_TYPE_BUTTON?

According to the spec it is """A control which performs an action when set.
Drivers must ignore the value passed with VIDIOC_S_CTRL and return an EINVAL
error code on a VIDIOC_G_CTRL attempt."""

I don't get what this means. It is no boolean. It has no effect, and you cannot
set it? I am probably missing something. Please help.

(please answer to all (me in the cc) since I am not a member of this
mailinglist

regards
Ronny